- Wade Davis. Davis pitched 7 innings, allowing just 1 run on 7 hits while walking 3 and striking-out 3. Despite the poor K to BB ratio Davis looked good. I'm excited for next season with Davis in the rotation (presumably).
- Willy Aybar. Say 'ello to my lil friend. Aybar is on fire over the last several weeks, and last night was no exception. Willy was 3 for 4 from the plate with 1 RBI.
- Reid Brignac. The ragin' Cajun looked fairly comfortable at he plate last night going 2 for 3 with a triple and scoring a run. Brignac has also started to show how solid a fielder he can be as well, I'm just not sure where he fits into the Rays' short-term (2010-2011) plans.
- The Laugh Staff. Amazingly, the troop of Springer, Cormier, Wheeler, Choate, and Balfour managed to pitch a total of 2 innings and did not allow a run, and some people say there's no God.
- AL Wildcard. It was inevitable, but seeing Boston clinch the AL Wildcard stings nearly as much as watching the sad shell of a show that SNL has become, but I digress.
- Carl Crawford recorded his 60th steal of the season and set a new franchise record.
- The Rays now stand at 81-76 which ensures at least a .500 season. If they can dig-out 4 wins in their final 5 games they'll be able to hang their hats on an 85 win season in the AL East which, all things considered, is quite an accomplishment.
CAVIAR (game ball):
- Wade Davis. The kid has good stuff, and I dream of a 15 win season next year and officially deem 2010 Wade Davis' coming-out party.