Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Draft Day is upon us...Tomorrow

With the 2008 amateur draft just hours away I've decided to sound off on it just as everyone else is; of course my guess is as good as yours as to whom the Rays will pick with the first overall pick in the draft but I figured i'd take a stab at it. Most experts, pundits, and baseball faithful have narrowed it down to 2 players, Buster Posey, C, FSU or Tim Beckham, SS, Griffin HS.
Kevin Goldstein from baseballprospectus.com says it'll be Posey...
Here's what I say:

"With the first pick of the 2008 amateur draft the Tampa Bay Rays select...




wait for it...






...Tim Beckham, SS-Griffin HS,Ga"






Why?

In my humble opinion, Beckham has the tools... he's a prototypical "5-tool" guy. He may not be ready as quickly as Posey, but the Rays line-up isn't in need of any quick-fixes right now, espesially behind the plate where Navi is calling great games and hitting very well, to boot.

No comments: