White Sox: 4
- Carl Crawford. CC recorded his third career in-the-park homerun, and he did so standing-up. The first thing Mrs. DirtbagFan said was, "he wasn't even hustling until he was half way to second." Yep- those poor guys never had a chance. CC finished the night 2 for 3 with a run, an RBI, and a BB.
- Evan Longoria. Dirtbag had a great game defensively in addition to hitting his 19th homerun. E-Lo finished the night just 1 for 4 from the plate.
- The Ol' College Try. The Rays really looked like they wanted this one, and they gave it their everything- putting 2 men on in both the 8th and 9th innings, but were unable to plate the tieing run after a few base running miscues.
- David Price. King David kept it close enough to give them a chance to win, but he was anything but sharp; finishing the night with 108 pitches, allowing 4 runs on 8 hits, walking 2 and striking-out 6. Although his stat line doesn't look too bad, if you watched the game you know what I mean- a few well-timed double play balls as well as a few nice defensive plays kept this one close.
- Willy Aybar. One day after impressing us all with his offense he let us down with his defense. Willy finished the night with 2 fielding errors. I've got a theory as to why he's been playing 2nd as of late... stay tuned (later today).
- Crawford has hit in-the-park homers in 2005, 2007, and now 2009. Guess when his next one will be.
CAVIAR (game ball):
- Carl Crawford. Any time you can post a true ITP homer you win the game ball.