- Carlos Pena. El Gato is about as hot as a hitter can be right now, and he belted 2 more homers last night; finishing the game 2 for 5 with 4 RBI. He did strike-out twice but if he maintains the ratio of 1 homerun for every K I'll be okay with that.
- Jason Bartlett. Who could ask for a better lead-off hitter? JB is batting .346, has an OBP of .397, and a slugging percentage of... wait for it... .530! Last night JB was 3 for 5 and scored a run.
- The 'Pen. Choate, Bradford, Shouse, and Wheeler combined to pitch 2 and 1/3 innings allowing 2 hits (both on Bradford) while combining to strike-out 4, issuing 0 walks and allowing 0 runs.
- Treading Water. Its seems as if whenever the Rays lose Texas and Boston win and whenever the Rays win Texas and Boston win. Infuriating.
- Not having the game televised was annoying, but being able to see Saturday's game in its stead will help mend the wound.
- Carlos Pena. This is the type of streak that helped invent the phrase, "He's on Fire!".