- Evan Longoria. Dirtbag is a stud. Two more doubles brings his season total to 40. That certainly helps detract attention away from his league-leading double play numbers. Last night Longo was 2 for 4 with 2 RBI.
- Carlos Pena. El Gato was 3 for 4 with a double and an RBI.
- Jeff Niemann. Niemann was good again (which makes me wonder why I'm still pleasently surprised everytime he turns in a good performance), lasting 7 and 1/3 innings allowing 1 run on 6 hits while striking-out 6 and walking 2.
- JP Howell. 2/3 of an inning. 2 walks. 2 K's. 1 hit. 3 runs. Unacceptable.
- Randy Choate. 1 batter- 1 hit. Again.
- If there was any hope left for a playoff run last night closed the door. A win last night would've made-up a game on Boston who lost v. the ChiSox (and the dying dream may have stayed alive), but as has been the case all season, when it mattered most it just didn't happen.
- Happy Labor Day weekend.
- I'm not going to complain about Tom Foley, neither should you.
CAVIAR (game ball):
- Jeff Niemann. Another start, another solid performance.