- Matt Garza picked up his seventh win pitching another gem. Garza lasted 7 innings, allowing just 1 unearned run off of 5 hits. He started the day off by retiring the first 9 Sox that he faced. Garza'a ERA is now a very respectable 3.47
- Navi was 2 for 4 on the night recording 2 of the Rays 3 RBI and is now hitting a solid .316. Navarro continues to perform at an all-star level day-in and day-out, and its a shame that he won't get the credit he deserves to make the 'All-Popularity' team.
- Grant Balfour came in with 2 men on in the top of the 8th and got out of a jam. He then put on his "closer-hat" in the top of the 9th and proceeded to become nearly unhittable; allowing one hit and striking out 3 to end the game.
- Even Longoria's defensive play continues to shine. In the top of the 7th Dirtbag made yet another fabulous diving catch then, as if it were second nature, threw to first from his knees to record the out. Amazing.
- The errors (3 last night) are starting to add up. Give me a game in which the Rays commit 3 errors against the Sox and 9 times out of 10 I'll show you a loss. The Rays have gotten this far with solid D they need to make sure that they stay focused and nip these mental mistakes in the bud.