- Matt Garza pitched well again- despite his numbers; going 6 2/3 innnings surrendering 9 hits and 3 earned runs while recording 5 K's and issuing 3 walks on his way to a no-decision.
- Navi showed us exactly why he belongs in the All-Star game with yet another heads-up play; with a man first and no outs Navi wisely let a pop-up bunt fall at his feet, setting up a 2-6-3 double play.
- Carlos Pena had another good all-around performance, flashing the leather when need be and coming up as Mr. Clutch with a solo homer in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extras.
- Carl Crawford stole his 300th base- he is one of only 9 players to accomplish this feat before the age of 27.
- Crawford did his best BJ Upton impression, and slacked-off in CF- allowing KC to score the go-ahead run in the 3rd. I firmly believe the outcome of this game is different if Crawford hustles and prevents that run. I expect more from a veteren player than "Carl-being-Manny"
- Dan Wheeler allowing back-to-back jacks in the top of the tenth... tsk,tsk!
- The Rays struck out 12 times and stranded 12 runners.