- BJ Upton. Bossman was 2 for 5 with a double, a steal, and 2 RBI.
- Andy Sonnanstine. Not a spectacular outing for Sonny, but outside of the 3-run homer which he surrendered in the 2nd Sonny did a pretty fair job (sadly, he wasn't offered and run support); Sonnanstine pitched 6 innings allowing 4 runs on 7 hits while striking-out 5 and walking 2. Sonny threw 95 pitches, 61 of which were strikes (64%).
- Dan Wheeler. Wheels pitched for 2/3's and recorded 2 K's.
- Top/Middle of the lineup. Crawford, Longoria, Pena, and Zobrist combined to be 1 for 13, leaving a combined 8 runners on base. Longoria looks like a sucker for anything down and away lately (he did take 2 walks last night though), and Pena has lost his patience completely.
- AL East. Again, 2 of the 3 teams currently ahead of the Rays lost (Red Sox and Blue Jays), and again the Rays fail to take advantage. Keep it up fellas and you'll be enjoying some nice hot cider while sitting on your couch in October watching the Yankees and Red Sox battle for your AL Championship.
- The Rays are streaky; their last 12 games: lose 3, win 6, lose 3. That's not gonna work.
- Don't forget to head over to Rays Index before every game and pick your Sunburst Player of The Game.
CAVIAR (game ball):
- BJ Upton. Not many good choices.