- Andy Sonnanstine. After being handed a huge lead Sonny could've shut it down and pitched safely, but he stuck to his game and pitched very well; lasting 6 innings allowing just 1 run on 5 hits, striking-out 2 and walking 0. That's about as good as it gets for a pitcher like Sonny. Oh, and lets not forget that he also contributed offensively too; going 1 for 4 with a single and a walk, and scoring twice.
- Gabe Gross. I'm always talking about how Gross doesn't get any love from anyone but me, well the love-fest continues; Gross went 3 for 5 from the plate with a HR, 4 RBI, and a walk. Lets also remember that he's, by far, the best right fielder on the roster as well. Go ahead and remind me why Kapler is still a Devil Ray.
- Dale Thayer. Thayer, a minor league mainstay, finally made his major league debut last night and made a good showing of himself. Dale (while sporting a great "porn-stache") pitched 3 innings, giving up 1 run on 3 hits. He did look fairly hittable, but not too bad for a debut.
- Dioner Navarro. Navi is showing signs of life; going 4 for 6 with a homer and 3 RBI. In honor of this performance and his more attentive style behind the plate I have decided to take Navi off-notice.
- Nah, I'm good.
- Reid Brignac finally recorded his first major league hit after going 0-10 last season. Big Ups.
- Boston, NY, and Toronto all lost last night. Talk about a possible fulcrum point for a turn around.
- Keep a close eye on who starts tonight in Durham. If Price goes tonight, as scheduled, then Davis will be the guy called up on Sunday to pitch Monday in Cleveland. If Price doesn't pitch tonight then he's the guy.