- Ben Zobrist. Just another day at the office for Zo; 2 for 3 with a double, a triple, and 2 walks. Come on Ben, when are you gonna start helping this team?
- Evan Longoria. Dirtbag hit his 13th homerun of the season ending a 17 day homerun drought. Evan finished the day 2 for 5 with 2 RBI (he did strike -out twice, but we're trying to find some positive here).
- The Red Sox lost.
- Andy Sonnanstine. Sonny started strong then struggled (more on that later today or tomorrow); allowing 8 earned runs on 9 hits in only 3 innings, striking-out 3 and walking 2. Sonny's ERA is now an incredible 7.66.
- The Devil Rays left 11 men on base, striking-out 10 times to a handful of misfit toys that just got off the island.
- Willy Aybar. I'm still a fan of Aybar, and he had a fine offensive day (2-4), but over the last 2 days he's shown me all that I need to see about his ability to play second base. Aybar is a great fill-in at the corners, but he doesn't look the least bit comfortable at second.
- Ben Fransisco is ridiculously good against Andy Sonnanstine. Career numbers v. Sonny: batting average: .889 (8-for-9), five homers, and 12 RBI. Holy crap!
- Evan Longoria is second amongst all American Leaguers in All-Star voting. Vote early, vote often.