Remember the good ol' days (2 weeks ago) when everyone was healthy and there were actually legitimate accomplishments to list here... ahhh, the memories.
- Ben Zobrist. Zorilla is taking Bartlett's spot as a permanent resident up here. Zo was 2 for 4 from the plate with another double and is now batting .304 (but it seems like .600).
- Willy Aybar. Aybar hit a solo homerun (his 3rd) in the 6th to bring the Devil Rays to within 1, and finished the day 2 for 4.
- JP Howell. JP worked 2 no-hit innings striking-out 3 and walking zero. Its amazing how effective he is when used in the proper situation.
- Swept. The Devil Rays were swept in Cleveland in what seemed like a 4-game series that lasted a month. A series in which they had leads of 10 and 5 runs, and still found ways to lose. They've now lost 5 in a row (one full time through the rotation, top to bottom). I'll spare you the redundancy of how many consecutive losses in Cleveland that was and how McClung was the last winner at the mistake by the lake...
- 0-fers. The Devil Rays were o for 7 with runners in scoring position. Over the last 3 games they were a total of 4 for 32 with runners in scoring position, or .125. More 0-fers: Yesterday, Pena, Dillon, Gross, Kapler, Brignac, and Navarro combined to be 0 for 15 from the plate (and its not like they were facing Santana or Greinke).
- Anyone who assumed that leading the AL East this season was a right that the Devil Rays earned last season should now have their feet firmly re-planted on the ground. Right now their singular vision should be getting back to .500 immediately- before it gets out of reach.