Saturday, May 16, 2009

This is Important

So yesterday afternoon I finally put Melvin Upton on the "On-Notice" list for his overall lack of hitting and crappy OBP.

Of course after last night's heroics I was all set to remove him from said list, but a faithful reader who is also a fellow blogger (Rays Revolutionary) pointed out that maybe Upton performed well because he was on the list for the first time and suggested that I should leave him there for superstitious reasons.

I can't decide which course of action is the right one, and I know the outcome of tonight's and maybe many other games depends on this decision, so please help me decide- the Rays fate depends on it:




4 comments:

Dustin Fridkin said...

Upton had a good night last night, and a walk-off homer is awesome. Nevertheless, I vote he stays "On Notice" till he gets his average over .200 and his OBP over .300. I'll take a good game from Melvin, and I'll be happy about it. But one good game only begins to fill the black hole that has been the leadoff spot in the Rays lineup this season. There's still some work to do, but it's exciting to think things might be moving in the right direction.

DirtbagFan said...

duly noted

Michael Weber said...

I say leave him on notice for the rest of the season. Either one of two things are going to happen now: 1. He breaks out of his slump.
2. He doesn't

If he does break out of his slump then you're going to have to keep him "on notice" for the superstition factor because he broke out the same day you put him up.

If he doesn't break out of the slump and yesterday was just a lucky day, then he deserves to stay "on notice" for staying crappy.

DirtbagFan said...

Since the voting is a dead heat we'll leave him up there this weekend and see what happens...